Tentative Agreement Reached
The Contract Bargaining Team today unanimously recommended the tentative collective bargaining agreement reached with Grinnell College. Highlights of the contract:
- Base wage of $9.25 for all employees, $10.00 for student leaders.
- Tiered experience bonuses that raise your base wage in 25-cent increments over three semesters if you commit to working 110 hours.
- A grievance procedure
- Better food safety training
- Protection against being fired without just cause
- Guaranteed rest and meal breaks
- The contract covers all Grinnell College students who work in the Marketplace, and will hopefully soon cover all high school students that work similar shifts. If ratified, the new wages will take effect on October 1.
The contract ratification vote will be held on Tuesday, September 27 at 9 p.m. in JRC 101.